Sunday, September 9, 2012

Day 8 Logrono to Navarette

Date 8 started early like the previous week. But this day was proving to be different. I had met the group I was walking with on the Camino Forum prior to coming. We started together and with the exception of day 3, when I broke away when I was sick, we had walked together. We would make group decisions as to when to stop and how far to go each day. Some days I wanted to go farther, but others I was glad when we got to the albergue.

This day, the week before had caught up with the whole group. When we stopped in Navarette for a break, the group decided to make it a short day and let some of the group recover from the miles. Some of the group was having issues with blisters which is common on the Camino. I only had a couple of small ones and they never caused any pain.

We settled in an albergue and shopped and had a picnic lunch. We were able to recover a bit. This extra stay put us a half day behind the guidebook, but we felt the rest was more important.


We spent the afternoon just relaxing, fixing blisters and reflecting on the trip so far. This day we only walked 9.3 km or 5.6 miles.

No comments: