Saturday, September 29, 2012

Day 28 Melide to O Pedrouzo (Arca)

Day 28, early start as usual. As I said before, the last 100 km was filling with pilgrims. It was fun to see their excitement as they wished you a Buen Camino! I hope they didn't take my lack of excitement negatively. It was after 400 plus miles and thousands of "Buen Caminos", it was becoming more of a going through the motion rather than an emotion.
It is really amazing how the scenery changes across all of Spain. The menus, housing and weather is a bit different as you walk.
Eucalyptus trees

Nice house with palm tree

Herding of sheep in town
The last several kilometers have a few hills, but not the major mountains encountered in the beginning leaving St Jean Pied de Port and approaching O'Cebreiro. The walk today was full of pilgrims. The last bit, is a combination of highway and wooded trails.


 As I approached O Pedrouzo (Arca) the albergues and town was to the left off of the Camino. It was a small climb into town, I stopped at the first albergue and had to wait an hour before it opened. It had 120 beds and was located next to a supermarket. This made it easy shopping to create my own dinner for the night.
Albergue in O' Pedrouzo
I had walked 33.3 km or 20.6 miles. I now had 20.1 km or 12.5 miles until I reached Santiago de Compestela!!!!!!!!

For the week, I had walked 229.7 km or 142 miles. I averaged 20.3 miles per day on the 4th week.

By the end of week 4, I had walked 769 km or 476.8 miles, averaging just a little over 17 miles per day.

Tomorrow, I walk into Santiago de Compestela!

No comments: