Sunday, September 16, 2012

Day 15 Boadilla del Camino to Carrion De Los Condes

Day 15 Beginning of week 3. By now I have gotten used to walking double digit mileage everyday. One thing the Camino will do for you is make you appreciate the simple pleasures in life. Makes you understand what is important to you as a creature. Food, fellowship, a shower, clean clothes and a bed indoors. I was always thankful for each of these and anything else was gravy! Walking 8 plus hours a day, you have a lot of time to think, think some more and think some more! I never got bored.

By now, all the swelling and itching had gone away, something about a sunrise on the Camino! Makes you feel closer to God.
Canal de Castilla at dawn
 Stopped at Fromista for breakfast

Breakfast!
 
Continued through a few small villages, came into Villa Cazar De Sirga, stopped for an afternoon break of bocadilla and coke over ice with a lemon twist.

 

Visited Iglesia de Santa MarĂ­a la Blanca, a 12th/13th century church.



 
 

I got in trouble in the church using a flash, a priest came to me and asked me not to use flash. Ignorance on my part, I should have known, flashes will cause the antique paint on the paintings and fixtures to turn black. Switched to museum mode and all was fine!
Another 5km and we got into Carrion de Los Condes, population 2300 people. As with a lot of Spanish towns, the populations shift based on economy.
 
Stayed at the albergue, Santa Maria del Camino. It had a nice place to prepare our own meals. Christine made an awesome pasta dish, Al made a killer salad, we all shopped at a local supermercados. My sandals saw their last day, so I had to either wear my hiking boots or go barefooted. Well, I chose barefoot. At the market, a couple of nuns saw my barefeet and whispered and pointed. I never knew what they said, were they concerned, I didn't have shoes? Was I walking the Camino barefooted? Who knows. lol
Dinner was sooooo good that night! Thanks Christine and Al!


 
It was a very memorable place to stay. The stay in Boadilla del Camino certainly recharged us!
Today we walked 31.9 km or 19.8 miles. A good start for week 3!


No comments: